Loose Leaf Collection
A loose leaf collection service is provided to Burlington residents in the fall, typically beginning the first week in November of each year. This program is in addition to the Yard Waste Collection Service provided by Halton Region Waste Services.
Please follow the guidelines below to help ensure a timely and cost-effective leaf collection program:
- Please have your loose leaves raked and ready for pickup just prior to the start date for your collection area.
- Be mindful of collection dates and avoid raking leaves to the road too early.
- Place leaves up to the edge of the curb or roadway (but not on the road) in a loose pile so city equipment can reach them.
- Ensure loose leaves are not over catch basins or in the ditches in front of your home .
- Please make sure leaves do not contain branches or other debris. Leaves mixed with other waste cannot be collected.
- Avoid placing leaves on sidewalks and walkways.
- Remove basketball nets, parked vehicles and other obstructions from the road to allow city crews clear access to leaf piles.
- Do not place garbage bags, garbage bins, Blue Boxes or GreenCarts on top of loose-leaf piles.
Bagged Leaf and Yard Waste Collection
Halton Region continues to provide collection of bagged leaves and yard waste on the same day as your garbage pick-up. This program is a separate program from Burlington’s Loose Leaf Collection. Visit Halton Region's yard waste webpage or call the Region at 905-825-6000.
Leaf Disposal Alternatives
- Mulch leaves to use in gardens, flowerbeds, or leave them on your yard.
- Compost leaves in your backyard composter.
- Deliver leaves to the to the Halton Waste Management Site in paper bags or in bulk for composting
For more information on the Loose Leaf Collection Program, please contact the Roads and Parks Maintenance Department at 905-333-6166.