The City of Burlington collects data each time a visitor enters the City of Burlington website. This information is used to collect statistical information about visitors as a whole and does not single out or identify specific individuals. Information collected may include:
- Your IP address
- The name of your Internet Service Provider
- Web browser information
- Date and time of visit
- Pages accessed at the City of Burlington website
When you visit the City of Burlington website you do so anonymously and are not required to tell us who you are. When personal information is requested it is our commitment to contain notice outlining our legal authority to collect it and include the following information:
- The purpose for collecting the personal information
- How the information will be used and who will have access to it
- How the information will be recorded and stored
- Who to contact if you have any questions about these practices
All information voluntarily sent to the City website, by email, feedback form or other means, becomes the property of the City of Burlington. The City of Burlington does not sell, nor distribute this information. This privacy statement is limited to the City of Burlington Web site.
The City assumes no responsibility for the Web sites that are linked to, hosted by or otherwise electronically connected to the City's Web site or Web server. The City of Burlington may change this policy at any time at its sole discretion.