Loose Leaf Pick-up
Every fall, a loose leaf collection service is provided to Burlington residents, typically beginning the first week in November. This program is in addition to the Yard Waste Collection Service provided by Halton Region.
Residents are asked to the guidelines below to help ensure a timely and cost-effective leaf collection program:
- Place leaves up to the edge of the curb (but not on the road) in a loose pile so city equipment can reach them
- Please make sure leaves do not contain branches or other debris. Piles mixed with other waste will not be collected
- Remove basketball nets and other obstructions from the road
- Put out leaves no earlier than five days before the collection start date. Be mindful of collection dates. Leaves placed at the curb after designated collection dates will not be collected
- Do not place garbage bags or other waste containers on top of leaf piles
- Avoid placing leaves on sidewalks and walkways
- Refrain from parking vehicles on the street during leaf collection periods
Yard Waste Collection
In addition to the City's Loose Leaf Collection Program, Halton Region picks up other yard waste, such as sticks, twigs, bagged leaves, decorative cornstalks, garden trimmings and pumpkins. This service takes place every other week, on the same day as your garbage collection. For more information, visit Halton Region's yard waste webpage or call the Region at 905-825-6000.
For more information on the Loose Leaf Collection Program contact the Roads and Parks Maintenance Department at 905-333-6166.