Rotary Centennial Pond
- Discovery Landing overlooks the Rotary Centennial Pond, a 10,000 square-foot year-round water feature. In the spring, summer and fall it is a reflective pool ideal for model sail boating and in winter it offers free recreational ice-skating on an artificial ice surface.
The Rotary Centennial Pond is gearing up for the skating season. The Operations staff will be working over the next few weeks to prepare the reflecting pond for the Winter Ice skating season. Weather permitting, we anticipate opening on Friday, December 13. Please call the ice conditions hotline 905.634.7263 for updates. Thank you and see you on the ice.
Note: Please remember you must have skates to be on the ice and helmets are mandatory for children 6 years of age and under.
Please call The Rotary Centennial Pond Ice Conditions Hotline 905 634 7263.
This phone line is updated with information including temporary closure’s due to poor ice conditions and weather.
Skating Hours : Daily 10am-10pm
Holiday Skating Hours
Dec 24 10am-8pm
Dec 25th Closed no skating permitted
Dec 26th 10am-10pm
Dec 31st 10am-10pm
Jan 1st 10am-10pm
Rules and Regulations
- Supervised rink hours are designated between 10am-10pm daily
- Use outside of the designated hours is prohibited
- Skates are to be worn at all times (no boots or shoes allowed)
- Wheelchair and ice sledge users welcome - please advise if assistance is required
- Skate aids are permitted Monday-Friday between 10am and 4 pm only
- CSA approved helmets are required for children 6 years of age and under, and strongly recommended for the safety of all children and adults
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised at all times
- No food, drink, chairs, strollers or sporting equipment allowed
- Alcohol is not permitted - Zero Tolerance policy is in effect
- Organized hockey, the use of sticks/pucks, and figure skating manoeuvres are prohibited
- All pets are prohibited from being on the ice surface
- An emergency phone is located in the lower level of Discovery Landing for all free 9-1-1 calls
- The City of Burlington may close the rink for safety reasons at any time or for periodic maintenance
- Stand back during all ice maintenance and do not go on the ice surface when the red light is flashing
- The City of Burlington is not responsible for any injuries, deaths, damages, or loss of property
Thank you and enjoy your experience at Discovery Landing!
Pictures and Video
Check the Waterfront Web Cam for a view of the Rotary Centennial Pond.