- Location: Brant and Fairview
- Opened: January 2009 - Media release
- Electricity to power the store is 100% renewable (from Bullfrog Power).
- Geothermal (geo-exchange) heating & cooling system.
- Radiant floor - both heating and cooling modes.
- Refrigeration heat captured for building heating.
- Secondary loop refrigeration systems reduce harmful refrigerants by 90%.
- Daylight harvesting through skylights and dimmable lighting.
- LED lighting for main logo sign, some showcases and refrigerated cases (combined with motion detectors).
- Parking lot lighting designed to lower lighting level (2.6 foot candles).
- Reduced embodied energy and harmful chemicals through elimination of flooring and ceiling materials in most areas.
- White roofing membrane to reflect sun and reduce peak cooling load.
- Store expected to be 50 to 60 percent more efficient than other stores its size.
- More than 75% waste diversion in the construction process.
- Low VOC (volatile organic compound) construction materials used wherever possible.
- Electrical power during construction was 100% renewable (Bullfrog).
- 100% recycled mats at the entrance to the store.
- 85% of the store's waste will be diverted from landfill.
- CFL recycling.
- Reduced product packaging.
- Low flow fixtures in the washrooms.
- 800 organic products sold in the store.
- Green cleaning products sold in the store.
- Close to public transit.