Looking to improve your game? Some helpful tips from our Tyandaga golf pro Brad Weake....
- Set up with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Knees bent with your eyes directly over the ball.
- Keep your head still throughout the stroke.
- Always keep elbows close to the body during stroke
- During stroke keep the palm of your right hand moving towards your target
Keep the putter blade square through the impact area
- Try using a less lofted club 5, 6 or 7 iron
- Feet 6 to 8 inches apart
- Feet square to the target
- No body movement during stroke, all arms and shoulders only
- Weight 70% on front leg
- Hands in front of the ball at set up
- Hit ball in front of green and roll to target
- Open club face
- Use open stance
- Ball placed inside of front heel at set up
- 60% of weight on forward foot
- Aim slightly left of your target
- Hit 2" behind ball with full follow through
- This shot is 90% arms and hands, very little body
Interested in improving your game further? Contact our golf pro for lesson information at 905-336-0005 or Email.