For Immediate Release
BURLINGTON, ON – In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the City of Burlington twinning with Itabashi, Japan, the Burlington Mundialization Committee, in association with DHTour, is inviting citizens to join a tour to Itabashi, Japan this summer.
The cost of the July 29 to Aug. 8 tour is about $4,700 a person and includes air travel, chartered bus, train, most meals, hotel and admissions. Tour highlights include visits to:
- Tokyo’s Koishi-Kawa Korakuen Garden and Imperial Palace Plaza
- City of Itabashi
- Ise Grand Shrine and Mikimoto Pearl Island
- Kyoto’s Nijo Castle, Ryoanji Temple, Kinkakuji Temple and its Golden Pavilion, and the Kiyomizu Temple with its seven-tiered pagoda
- Mount Hakusan and the “Gassho-zukuri” village and Wada family residence in Shirakawago
- Mount Fuji and Matsumoto Castle
- Hakone and Owakudani Valley to observe volcanic activities
- Nara, Osaka, Hiroshima and Miyajima (optional)
Information meetings about the citizen tour will be held at Burlington City Hall, 426 Brant St., on Jan. 29 and Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. in room 247. For further details, please e-mail DHTour at email@example.com or call 905-639-9954, or e-mail the Mundialization Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-335-7600 ext. 7492.
Burlington and Itabashi signed a twinning agreement on May 12, 1989. The relationship has developed since that time through regular citizen visits, official delegations and memorable anniversary celebrations.
Tel. 905-335-7600, ext. 7885
Tel. 905-335-7600, ext. 7492