1. Does the City of Burlington have a Business Directory?
Yes. Please visit the Burlington Chamber of Commerce Web site.
2. I want to start a small business. Where do I go for assistance?
- The Regional Municipality of Halton Business Development Centre
- Burlington Economic Development Corporation
3. How do I get a business licence?
Business licences are handled through the City of Burlington's Building Department. Please call 905-335-7731.
4. How do I get a vendor's permit?
Please contact either of the following:
The Regional Municipality of Halton
Business Development Centre
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Phone: (905) 825-6000
Fax: (905) 825-8839
Retail Sales Tax Office
Ministry of Finance
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Ste. 250
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8
Phone: (905) 273-9490 or
5. What do I need to know about business taxes?
As of 1998, business taxes no longer exist. Please contact the Provincial Assessment Office at 1-800-387-5909, and ask for a Burlington Assessor.