What is an Operating Budget or a Current Budget?
The operating budget provides funds for the day to day operations of the city. The current budget must reflect:
- the changing circumstances of our operations
- inflationary increases
- new areas of service.
Where are your tax dollars spent?
- Corporate services, like mayor and council, finance, legal, clerks, information technology and human resources
- Roads and parks maintenance
- Parks and recreation, including programs, facilities and special events
- Local boards and committees
- Traffic and transit
- Development and infrastructure