Zoning By-law Amendment Process
1) Preconsultation Meeting
- Submit a Preconsultation Form;
- Meet with staff from the City of Burlington and the Region of Halton to discuss proposal;
- Applicant will be advised of planning applications required and whether background studies will be needed.
2) Application submitted
- Sumbit a complete application to Burlington's Planning Division, including the required fees and background studies;
- A sign must be posted on the property describing the proposed development;
- Planning circulates application for comments to agencies and City departments ;
- Planning makes a recommendation that City Council either approve, modify, or refuse the application.
3) Neighbourhood Notification
- Properties located within 120 metres of the subject property (300 metres in the Rural Area) are sent notices;
- Neighbours are invited to send written comments in whether by mail, fax or e-mail;
- A neighbourhood meeting may be held to review the planning process and the development proposal with members of the public.
Further information about the Planning Process and how to get involved.
[Top] [Printer-Friendly Page]