Special Occasion Permit

Application for a Special Occasion Permit

A Special Occasion Permit is required in order to sell or serve liquor at an event in any location other than a licensed establishment, residence or a private place. A "private place" is an indoor place that is not generally open to the public and is not open to the public at the time of the event. Special Occasion Permits are for special events, such as weddings, receptions, charitable fundraisers, community festivals, and auctions. They are categorized as sale, no-sale or auction. Special Occasion Permits are intended for occasional use only, not for profit-making businesses.

Application forms are available at various local LCBO stores as well as the AGCO Website. Once the application form is complete, it must be returned to the designated permit-issuing LCBO store in the municipality where the event is to take place. Please contact AGCO for a designate store near you. Applications for outdoor events must he submitted at least 30 days before the event. Applications for indoor receptions must he submitted at least 10 days in advance.

Please notify the City of Burlington Planning and Building Department, Building Division once you have obtained your Special Occasion Permit via fax at 905-335-7876.

[Top] [Printer-Friendly Page]