When is an inspection required?
Refer to the inspection checklist attached to the approved permit drawings for the required inspections specific to your permit. The links below are for general reference.
How is an inspection requested?
Call your inspector when construction has started. Refer to the green sticker affixed to the permit card for the name and cell phone number of the inspector(s) assigned to your permit. Contact the inspector directly to arrange the inspection or a voice mail message may be left at any time.
When booking an inspection you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Building Permit Number (upper right side on permit card)
- Project address
- Type of inspection required
- Prefered Inspection Date
- Contact name and return phone number
Important items to remember regarding the inspection process:
- The approved permit drawings must be on site
- The permit card must be posted on site
- 48 hour notice must be given for building inspections
- 5 day notice must be given for septic inspections
- Do not cover or continue construction until each inspection stage is reviewed
- An inspection is required prior to the occupancy of a building
- A final inspection is required to close a building permit