Site Plan Application - Detailed Process
Detailed Site Plan Review Process
The following is a more detailed sequential overview of the Site Plan review process:
- Applicant pre-consults with Planning Division to discuss preliminary site plan.
- Planning Division provides feedback on preliminary site plan and applicant makes changes to plans as needed.
- Applicant submits complete site plan application (required application form, fee, studies, and plans) to Planning Division.
- Planning Division circulates the complete site plan application to relevant City departments and outside agencies with a request for comments and conditions within two weeks.
- Ward Councillor is notified of application and in unusual or exceptional cases, a public meeting may be required.
- Ward Councillor decides if the site plan approval will remain delegated to the Director of Planning and Building or undelegated to Council.
- Decisions for refusal of a site plan application cannot be delegated to staff and must be undelegated to Council.
- Comments and conditions from City departments and outside agencies are received by the Planning Division.
- If necessary, revised plans are submitted by the Applicant to the Planning Division and re-circulated to all relevant City departments and outside agencies for review. Revised comments and conditions are requested within two weeks.
- If an application is undelegated to Council, Planning prepares report with a recommendation to Council for Draft Site Plan Approval (with conditions) or Refusal.
- If application remains delegated to the Director of Planning and Building, Planning staff assembles conditions of approval and issues Draft Site Plan Approval.
- Applicant satisfies conditions of Draft Site Plan Approval.
- Planning Division issues Final Site Plan Approval with Zoning Clearance Certificate.
- Applicant attaches Final Site Plan Approval to the Building Permit application and submits to Building Division.
- All site works are completed by Applicant and inspected by City staff.
- Securities are returned to the Applicant if site works are satisfactory.