Burlington's downtown is a vibrant mix of residential neighbourhoods, shops, services and restaurants in a beautiful waterfront setting.
Downtown is Burlington's historic centre of trade. It is an area rich in history, with ties to the past but an eye to the future. City Council is committed to the ongoing revitalization of downtown. The city's Core Commitment document is intended to provide a strategic framework for downtown initiatives over the next ten years.
For more information, or for assistance in developing downtown, contact Jody Wellings, special business area coordinator, at (905) 335-7600, ext. 7259.
- Core CommitmentCore Commitment, approved by City Council in August 2005, sets out a vision for downtown Burlington and identifies strategic actions to achieve the vision.
- Downtown Urban Design GuidelinesBuilding on the principles and strategies outlined in Core Commitment, the Downtown Urban Design Guidelines help refine the vision and establish design principles for the downtown.
- Provincial Context for GrowthInformation on the Province's Places to Grow strategy
- Downtown Waterfront
- Performing Arts Centre
- 2009 State of the Downtown Report
- Parking Information
- Official Plan
- Burlington Downtown Business Association Click here for more information on the Downtown Business Association ~ their mandate, membership and for more information on what's happening downtown.
Special Business Area Coordinator
In the City's commitment to the ongoing revitalization of downtown, a Special Business Area Coordinator has been appointed and is responsible for facilitation of downtown projects, both public and private sector, assisting new businesses wishing to locate downtown and acting as a liaison between private interests and city staff from all departments.
For enquiries regarding opportunities downtown contact Jody Wellings, Special Business Area Coordinator at ext. 7259.