Reports and Contracts
Brant Street Pier contruction report—July 5, 2011
City Council has approved a budget increase to $15.07 million to focus on finishing the Brant Street Pier project with a new contractor, estimating a delivery date in 2013.
The city will issue a tender call to the prequalified contractors in mid-July, with a tender report back to council for approval in October. If City Council approves the next steps in the approval process, the pier is expected to be finished in summer 2013.
The budget for the first phase of the pier, with the original contractor, was $9.27 million. The additional nearly $5.8 million will be for the second phase of the pier construction, including construction with the new contractor and all other costs. As reported to the city’s Community Services Committee on June 22, 2011, the funding would come from the city’s capital purpose reserve fund.
City staff estimate that removing the pier would cost $15.5 million, including covering costs so far, demolition costs and repaying other government funding.
Thanks to our partners
The creation of the Brant Street Pier is made possible through funding partnerships with the Canada-Ontario Infrastructure Program, Halton Region, the City of Burlington and Burlington Hydro.
Keep up to date
For more information, contact 905-335-7841 or The Waterfront at Burlington Downtown at 905-335-7766
Reports and Contracts
- Council Report No. 16-11, PDF pg.15 (September 28, 2011)
- Brant Street Pier report from Community Services Committee, PDF (July 4, 2011)
- Brant Street Pier report from Community Services Committee, PDF (April 20, 2011)
- Minutes: Special Community Services Committee meeting (Dec. 20, 2010)
- Status Report—Project Negotiations and Site Activities Update (July 14, 2010)
- Brant Street Pier Project—Status Report (Oct. 5, 2009)
- Brant Street Pier Project—Status Report (June 24, 2009)
- Brant Street Pier—Status Report (Feb. 2009)
- Brant Street Pier—Project Update (Sept. 2008)
- Brant Street Pier—Project Update (Jan. 2008)
- Pier and Pier District (Contract 05-38) Tree Removals and Transplanting (Aug. 2006)
- Tender Award for the Brant Street Pier (Contract 06-35) (July 2006)
- Brant Street Pier—Project Update (Feb. 2006)