Welcome to the City of Burlington – A Great City on a Great Lake
Where people, nature and business thrive.
We are a caring, friendly and inclusive community
We value innovation and trusted partnerships
We demonstrate respect by being fair and ethical
Our Strategic Directions
Excellence in Government
Find out more about the City's strategic plan, Burlington, Our Future.
City Manager’s Role
The City Manager is responsible to provide corporate leadership for the general management of the Corporation as well as participating in the overall stewardship of the municipality.
The major responsibilities are:
- Administering the business affairs of the municipality
- Providing direction to City employees
- Directing the development and implementation of corporate policies and programs
- Ensuring Council receives the appropriate reports and information necessary for decision making
- Assisting Council in the development of a corporate strategic plan
- Directing the exercise of general financial control of all departments and ensuring Council is presented with the annual estimates of revenue and expenditures
- Co-ordinating and directing collective bargaining with all employees and recommending to Council agreements concerning wage, salaries, benefits and working conditions, once Council has approved the agreements, directing the administration of the agreements
- Liaising with local boards, commissions, agencies, other municipalities, and the provincial and federal governments.
We welcome your questions, suggestions and comments on City business. Please feel free to contact our staff.
City Manager, City of Burlington
426 Brant Street, P.O. Box 5013
Burlington, Ontario L7R 3Z6
Phone: 905-335-7600 ext. 7608
Assistant to the City Manager
Phone: 905-335-7600 ext. 7790