Committees and Boards
Volunteering on a local board or committee is a great way to:
- meet new people
- share your talents
- develop skills
- address a common interest
- make a difference in your community
Applications and information related to Burlington boards and committees can be provided in alternative formats upon request.
Standing Committees of Council
The four Standing Committees of Council provide a forum for public input and make recommendations to council on issues within their areas of responsibility. The Standing Committees have very focused mandates concerning the services and operations of the municipality. All six council members sit on each of the four standing committees.
- Audit Committee
- Community and Corporate Services Committee
- Development & Infrastructure Committee
- Committee of the Whole
Citizen Committees and Boards
Burlington citizen committees provide Council and staff with input about a wide variety of subjects through discussions, presentations and recommendations. Some committees also organize and participate in community events. Burlington welcomes citizens who represent the diverse backgrounds of our community to participate on these committees. Becoming a member offers residents a unique chance to volunteer their highly valued skills and to strengthen our shared sense of community!
- Burlington Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Burlington's Best Awards Committee (formerly the Burlington Civic Recognition Committee)
- Committee of Adjustment
- Burlington Cycling Committee
- Burlington Inclusivity Advisory Committee
- Burlington Mundialization Committee
- Burlington Public Library Board
- Burlington Sustainable Development Committee
- Burlington Transit Advisory Committee(Sunset)
- Downtown Parking Committee
- Heritage Burlington
- Burlington Seniors' Advisory Committee
- The Board of Directors of Burlington Hydro Electric
- More Committees...