Burlington's Best Awards Committee
BURLINGTON'S BEST NEWS
Who We Are
Established in February 1965 the Planning Committee is a citizens committee reporting to City Council through the Community Services Committee.
To recognize citizens of Burlington who have brought favourable publicity and honour to the City of Burlington and to increase awareness of the committee in order that all citizens of Burlington have the opportunity to be recognized for their achievements.
The recognition is provided through the Burlington's Best Awards and the annual event.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Arrange the presentation of Burlington Best Awards for the following:
- Citizen of the Year -previous years winners
- Junior Citizen of the Year - previous years winners
- Arts Person of the Year - previous years winners
- Seniors Person of the Year - previous years winners
- Community Service Award - previous years winners
- Environmental Award - previous years winners
- Heritage Award - winner(s)
- In conjunction with Clerks Department staff, arrange the annual awards evening.
The Planning Committee is comprised of 10 voting members, including: 6 citizens from the community, and 4 representatives from media and information agencies. For additional information, please see the Terms of Reference.