Picnics in Parks
Looking for a picturesque location to host an event? City parks are an ideal place to host events such as company, family, and church picnics. Picnic areas available for booking include:
Once staff have confirmed availability, complete a 2015 Picnic Application Form and submit it along with your fee so that a permit may be issued. For further information call (905) 335-7738 or e-mail.
2015 Picnic season bookings will begin on January 5, 2015. Bookings can be processed in person at City Hall, main level, 426 Brant St or at Haber Recreation Centre, 3040 Tim Dobbie Dr.
Also beginning on Monday January 5th 2015, booking requests can be emailed to email@example.com.
A few items to consider:
- Picnickers may bring their own hibachi or portable barbeques
- Charcoal is to be disposed of in hot ash receptacles
- Shade tents are permitted but are NOT to be staked into the ground
- Outlets are not available on site
- NOT PERMITTED: Alcoholic beverages, amplified music, PA systems, megaphones, inflatable structures/equipment, open fires and/or BBQ pits
Refer to the Event Application form above for more detailed information on City Park guidelines
Please note: General liability insurance covering the activities and occupancy as described in the permit is required for all City of Burlington facility bookings.