Welcome to the official site for City of Burlington Municipal Elections. This site is written and maintained by the Clerks Department of the City of Burlington and the only official website providing municipal election information for Burlington's eligible candidates and voters.
- Voter Lookup - Check to see if you are on the list, read more...(April 4/14)
- Financial Statements filed in 2010 are now available, read more... (March 20/14)
- Voters - Recently changed any information? read more... (March 6/14)
- Employment opportunities coming soon, read more... (March 6/14)
- Request for Information from Candidates, read more (March 3/14)
- Preliminary calculation of maximum campaign expenses, read more...(Feb. 21/14)
- City of Burlington Guide for Candidates, read more... (Feb. 26/14)
Every four years, in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended, the City Clerk, as Returning Officer, conducts elections for the offices of:
- Councillors (Local and Regional)
- Regional Chair (Nomination forms to be filed with Halton Region)
- *Trustee, Halton District School Board
- *Trustee, Halton Catholic District School Board
- *Trustee, Conseil scolaire Viamonde (Nomination forms to be filed with the City of Hamilton)
- *Trustee, Conseil scolaire de district Catholique Centre-Sud (Nomination forms to be filed with the Town of Oakville)
*The number of trustees to be elected in the municipality for each of the four School Boards is subject to the final determination and distribution of trustees in accordance with the Education Act, 1990. School Boards are required to provide this information on or before April 3, 2014.
Subscribe to our election page webminder below and receive an email when new information is posted or a page updated. Our site will continue to develop as new information becomes available and we approach the next regular municipal election to be held on Monday, October 27th, 2014.
Toll Free: 1-877-213-3609
T: 905-335-7600 ext. 7862
Manager of Committee and Election Services
T: 905-335-7600 ext. 7490
Returning Officer and City Clerk
T: 905-335-7600 ext. 7702